Terms and Conditions
Terms of service
Catering Sale Team are dedicated to best service and quality every day. This document is written to demonstrate what agreements / conditions apply for the online store of Catering Sale. The Terms and Conditions will also propose how contact details, including name, address, phone number and email address acquired from clients will be used. Following statements given in this document provides details of usage of customers' information.
1. "Terms and conditions" represents the document that lists agreements or conditions for the provision of goods and/or services provided by "Catering Sale Team" to the customers. 2. "Catering Sale" is a business, that mainly sell kitchen equipment, bench top equipment and other necessities required for Hospitality Industry, or kitchen use.
1. No amendment, alteration, waiver or cancellation of any of these terms unless confirmed by 'Catering Sale Team Management" and announced to clients. 2. Anyone other than management of Catering Sale is authorized to make any alternation or guarantee about the statements contained in these terms or as confirmed in writing by Catering Sale. 3. Any written quotation provided by Catering Sale to any of its customers concerning the supply of goods and services is: (I) Valid for 7 days only; (II) Additional Delivery Charge may apply if unknown obstacles, including stairs, steps, or too small entrance space. (III) subject to the customer offering to enter into an agreement in accordance with these terms. Such agreement shall be deemed to be accepted by Catering Sale when the Sales Team confirms its acceptance of such offer in writing or by electronic means or delivers goods to the customer. 4. Catering Sale has no obligation to accept any offer from any customer and may by notice in writing vary or amend these terms at any time, provided that such variation or amendment would only apply to offers accepted by the customer after the date of such notice of variation. 5. All prices quoted in the written quotation or verbally to the customer for the supply of goods include GST and other taxes and duties payable in respect of the goods unless stated otherwise.
1. Payment for goods and services must be made in full prior to delivery of the goods or provision of any services. Payment by cheques are not made until the payments under the proceeds of the cheques are cleared. 2. Payment terms may be revoked or amended at the sole discretion of Catering Sale by giving written notice to the customer. Passing of Property (a) Until the full payment in cleared funds is received by Catering Sale for all goods to be supplied by Catering Sale to the customer as well as any other amount which may be owing to Catering Sale by the customer: (i) title and property of all goods remains vested in Catering Sale and do not pass to the customer and in the event that goods have been delivered by Catering Sale to the customer and no title to the said goods shall pass to the customer who shall hold the said goods as fiduciary bailee and agent for Catering Sale; (ii) Catering Sale may without notice enter any premises where it suspects any such goods may be and remove them, notwithstanding that they have been attached to other goods, not the property of Catering Sales and the customer irrevocably licences Catering Sale to enter such premises without liability for trespass or any resulting damage and indemnifies Catering Sale against all claims, actions, suits and demands brought by any party arising out of such action; (iii) Subject to, and in accordance with the Personal Property Securities Act 2009, to keep or resell any Goods repossessed pursuant to paragraph (ii) above. (b) if the goods are resold, or products manufactured using the goods are sold, by the customer, the customer shall hold such part of the proceeds of any such sale as represents the invoice price of the goods sold or used in the manufacture of the goods sold in a separate identifiable account as the beneficial property of Catering Sale upon request. Not withstanding the provisions above Catering Sale shall be entitled to maintain an action against the customer for the purchase price and the risk of the goods shall pass to the customer upon delivery.
Risk and Insurance
12. Any risk in the goods and any responsibility to cover the goods by insurance in respect of theft, damage or otherwise passes to the customer upon the goods being dispatched to the customer or collection of the goods by the customer, the customer’s agent or courier as the case may be.
Acknowledgments by the Customer
13. The customer acknowledges that: (i) it has not relied on any advice, recommendation, information or assistance provided Catering Sale or any employee or agent of Catering Sale in relation to the sale of goods and/or services or the use or application of such goods or services; (ii) the customer has the sole responsibility to satisfy itself that the goods or services are suitable for the use of the customer or any contemplated use by the customer whether or not such use is known to Catering Sale; and (iii) any description of goods provided in a quotation or notice is given by way of identification only and the use of such description does not constitute a contract of sale by description; (iv) the customer must provide to Catering Sale particulars of its Australian business number, its order number and the quantity and model number, its delivery address and insurance details when Catering Sale requests it. (v) once a deposit has been paid, goods may be held for a maximum of 8 weeks only from date of order at the Catering Sale Warehouse. Should any order(s) be required to be held longer by Catering Sale, a 5% of total invoice charge will be incurred based on the purchase price of the order per week until the goods are ready to be picked up or dispatched.
The limitation of liability of Catering Sale
22. (a) Subject to paragraph (b) and to the extent permitted by the Australian Consumer Law and relevant state legislation, the sole obligation of Catering Sale under this agreement is to use its best endeavours to provide the products or to repair the products or repair or replace (at Catering Sale’s discretion) any part of a product which is found to be defective during the [period of warranty] and in no event shall Catering Sale be liable for any other claims or damages including, but not limited to, claims for faulty design, negligent or misleading advice, damages arising from loss or use of the products, and any indirect, special or consequential damages or injury to any person, corporation or other entity. (b) If any products supplied pursuant to this agreement are supplied to the customer as a ‘consumer’ of goods or services within the meaning of that term in the Australian Consumer Law as amended or relevant state legislation the consumer will have the benefit of certain non-excludable rights and remedies in respect of the products or services and nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation is so conferred. However, if the product is a product not ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, pursuant to section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law and similar provisions of relevant state legislation Catering Sale limits its liability to payment of an amount equal to the lowest of: (i) the cost of replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (ii) the cost of repair of the goods; (iii) the cost of having the goods repaired or replaced. (c) Subject to paragraph (b) Catering Sale is not liable for default or failure in performance of its obligations pursuant to this agreement resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, civil or military authority, acts of public enemy, war, accidents, fires, explosions, earthquakes, floods, the elements, strikes, labour disputes, shortage of suitable parts, components, materials including ink, chemicals and paper, labour or transportation or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Catering Sale. (d) Subject to paragraph (b), Catering Sale is not responsible for any loss caused by an error or defect in the products or errors or faults caused by [description of components or consumable likely to cause failure of product] supplied by any person.
23. Subject to these terms: (i) Catering Sale at its discretion may repair or replace any goods to remedy any failure due to faulty workmanship or materials, provided that such goods may have acceptable variance (as determined by Catering Sale). (ii) the customer acknowledges that any warranty given in respect of plant and equipment is the warranty of the manufacturer of the goods and that Catering Sale is not responsible for such warranties and gives no warranty of its own in respect of the said goods; (iii) Catering Sale, or its representatives, being given access to the goods for the purpose of inspection and rectification of any claim; (iv) the customer not having repaired or undertaken to repair the goods without the prior authorisation of Catering Sale nor altering the goods in any way; (v) the customer having used and maintained the goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, their failure not being the result of incorrect or poor maintenance by the customer; (vi) the customer acknowledging that it has not relied upon any advice given by Catering Sale, its agents, servants, representatives or employees in relation to the suitability for any purposes of the goods
Linked Credit Contracts
24. (a) Catering Sale may from time to time offer credit contracts by financiers to customers; (b) The customer acknowledges that they have received a copy of the credit contract from Catering Sale at the time of executing the Terms and Conditions of sale; (c) Catering Sale discloses that it may receive a commission from the credit provider for referring the customer to the credit provider; (d) Catering Sale has advised the customer to seek their own independent legal advice prior to entering into the credit contract and/or approach a credit provider of the customer’s own choice; (e) Catering Sale shall not be liable for any claims for damages arising from the customer entering into any credit contract with the credit provider and the customer shall satisfy themselves of all matters arising from the credit contract and shall indemnify and hold harmless Catering Sale for any damages and losses arising from the credit contract.
25. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland and the parties agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of Queensland and of Courts entitled to hear appeals from these Courts. 26. Failure by Catering Sale to enforce any of these terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any of Catering Sale’s rights. 27. If any of the terms of this agreement shall be unenforceable such terms shall be read down so as to make it enforceable or if it cannot be read down the condition shall be severed from these terms without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. 28. Any notices given by either party to this agreement may be delivered personally or sent by facsimile or prepaid mail to the last known address of the addressee and shall be deemed to be received upon posting or receipt of facsimile transmission or email.
Waiver and Assignment
29. No failure by Catering Sale to insist on strict performance of any terms is a waiver of any right or remedy which Catering Sale may have and is not a waiver of any subsequent breach or default by the customer. 30. Neither the agreement nor any rights arising under the agreement may be assigned by the customer without the prior written consent of Catering Sale which it may give or refuse at its absolute discretion.